Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Family Recipe which everyone I have given it to really enjoys. Very rich.
- 500 g sirloin steaks
- tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 300 ml whipped cream
- Cut steak into 5mm slices across the grain 2.
- Coat in flour mixed with curry powder and salt to taste.
- Brown in butter.
- Place in ovenproof dish.
- Mix enough tomato ketchup into the whipped cream to turn it pink.
- Pour over steak.
- Cook uncovered till sauce is brown in colour.
- About 1/2-3/4 hours at 150c.
- Serve with rice.
This is a nice dish to serve with noodles. I also made more sauce, using fat free half and half. This is a great "teen dish" Make a bunch to cook in the oven and when they walk in the door, the noodles are almost read. Pourthe noodles on a large platter dish and pour the steak and sauce over the top. You can put shredded cheese over the noodles before pouring the sauce and steak over the noodles. Thanks for posting!
I'm surprised at the low rating this dish got. I like it. Next time I make it i'll make more sauce, though.