1/6 Photos of Norwegian Spice Cookies
I saw all these warming spices and I knew I'll like this recipe. I just enjoy Cardamom. Found at: http://www.webterrace.com/christmascookies/recipe2.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg white, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, nutmeg and cardamom in bowl.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- 3Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- 4Stir in flour mixture.
- 5Divide dough in half; flatten into disks.
- 6Wrap in plastic.
- 7Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 8Heat oven to 350°.
- 9Coat 3 ½ - 4 ½-inch cookie-cutter molds with nonstick cooking spray.
- 10On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out half of dough ¼-inch thick.
- 11Press cutter molds gently into dough.
- 12Gently pull cookies out of molds.
- 13Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 14Brush with egg white.
- 15Reroll scraps.
- 16Repeat with remaining dough.
- 17Bake in 350° oven 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- 18Remove to racks to cool.
- 19Store at room temperature or freeze.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g