I saw all these warming spices and I knew I'll like this recipe. I just enjoy Cardamom. Found at: http://www.webterrace.com/christmascookies/recipe2.htm
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg white, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, nutmeg and cardamom in bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half; flatten into disks.
- Wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Coat 3 ½ - 4 ½-inch cookie-cutter molds with nonstick cooking spray.
- On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out half of dough ¼-inch thick.
- Press cutter molds gently into dough.
- Gently pull cookies out of molds.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush with egg white.
- Reroll scraps.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in 350° oven 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- Store at room temperature or freeze.