Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A hearty healthy full-grain bread. Slice thinly and serve with cheese or high-quality butter. Cooking time does not include rising time. From New Settlement Cookbook. Haven't made it yet. Submitted for ZWT9.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat in as much hot water as the flour will absorb, making a stiff batter.
- Cover and let stand until lukewarm.
- Disolve yeast in the warm water, add to the dough with enough flour to knead.
- Let sit, covered, in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Shape into loaves.
- Put into bread pans, or not, your choice, and let rise again, covered, in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 75 minutes.