1/7 Photos of Norwegian Rice Pudding - Risengryn Grod
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
We used to have this a lot when I was a kid. Not only is it yummy and filling - it is cheap!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and add rice, cover and lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2Add milk and, if using them, the raisins or currants and vanilla and bring back to a boil.
- 3Cover, lower heat and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- 4Season with salt.
- 5Serve with butter, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- 6For a sweeter rice try adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar with the milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Rice Pudding - Risengryn Grod
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g