Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a lovely little desert. Very easy to make. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1 lb short-grain white rice (not instant)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rice Cream:.
- Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes until rice is tender and of a thick consistency. Let cool. Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract. Combine the rice and cream.
- Strawberry Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for one minute. Fresh strawberries may be added if desired.
- Note: I always use fresh or frozen and I've never tried it with the preserves. When using fresh or frozen, you'll need about a pound. Slice them as preferred, then place them in a bowl with water, lemon juice and sugar to taste. Let it sit for a while, overnight is best.