Recipe by Bec
My dad always makes this for the Holidays and we all love it! I have never made it myself for fear of doing something wrong- it may take a few tries to get it perfect (I wonder how long it took my dad...) Use whole milk for this one- It makes the rice nice and thick! Mmmm...I can't wait until the Holidays are here again!
- 1892.0 ml whole milk
- 354.88 ml uncooked rice
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml cream (Half & Half)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk to boiling point.
- Cook the rice in boiling water until almost done, then drain it.
- Add the rice to the hot milk- bring the milk to almost a boil. When the rice is fully cooked, add step #4.
- Beat 1 egg and 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 tbsp flour, and 1/2 cup Half and Half cream- mix well.
- Cook at a slow boil until the rice is well suspended, and stays at the surface when the milk is boiling.
- Cool, and serve. I like it best when refrigerated, but some like it warm. Sprinkling cinnamon on top is always good.