1/1 Photo of Norwegian Rice
My dad always makes this for the Holidays and we all love it! I have never made it myself for fear of doing something wrong- it may take a few tries to get it perfect (I wonder how long it took my dad...) Use whole milk for this one- It makes the rice nice and thick! Mmmm...I can't wait until the Holidays are here again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the milk to boiling point.
- 2Cook the rice in boiling water until almost done, then drain it.
- 3Add the rice to the hot milk- bring the milk to almost a boil. When the rice is fully cooked, add step #4.
- 4Beat 1 egg and 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 tbsp flour, and 1/2 cup Half and Half cream- mix well.
- 5Cook at a slow boil until the rice is well suspended, and stays at the surface when the milk is boiling.
- 6Cool, and serve. I like it best when refrigerated, but some like it warm. Sprinkling cinnamon on top is always good.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Rice
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 424.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 11.8 g