Recipe by ~Leslie~
So simple and delicious! A great way to use up all that rhubarb in your garden. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Charlotte J
I liked this for the fact that it had a thickening agent in it. Mom would make this when we were young but it was always soupy, so I never would eat it. The vanilla was a new welcomed experience. Over all this was very easy to make and had nice complementary flavors. Also, I weighed the rhubarb on my scale and then measured it. So 1 1/2 pounds is equivalent to 5 cups. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'll be sharing it with my mother. Made for Zaar World Tour 2006
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 3/4 cups water and 3/4 cup sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Add rhubarb.
- Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch; stir into rhubarb.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into serving bowl or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Pipe through decorators' tube or spoon onto pudding.