Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple recipe is precisely how my Norwegian born BIL taught my sister to make parsley potatoes. He insists that the potatoes do not taste as good if the salt is not cooked with the potatoes. Once I cooked the potatoes for my sister and didn't put the salt in the water first. He had a fit and wouldn't eat them after taking one bite and asking me if I had salted them before cooking.
- 453.59 g russet potato (peeled and quartered)
- 2838.0 ml water
- 7.39 ml salt
- 59.16 ml butter (melted)
- 29.58 ml parsley (chopped)
- Put the water, salt and potatoes in a pot and cook until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain well.
- Pour the melted butter over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the potatoes and toss lightly.
- Serve hot.
One of my favorite basic recipes, just like my mother used to make. I might use just a little more parsley, and maybe add just a little bit of sage.
I love potatoes made this way and this recipe was so very easy to make while the chicken was baking in the oven. Simple and delicious. Made for ZWT6 ~ FAMILY PICKS and the Queens of Quisine!
What's not to love, taters and butter. Delish! Made for ZWT6.