Recipe by Jessica K
This is for the Scandinavian Portion of the World Tour. This is from the cooking show New Scandinavian Cooking.
Top Review by Wendy's Kitchen
Made this for breakfast. 1 daughter loves pancakes the other prefers crepes - this satisfied both. Served with squeeze of lemon juice, caster sugar and fresh strawberries. They said it was "yumm".
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, plus butter for cooking
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, milk, and sugar, whisk until you have a light batter; make sure there are no lumps. Stir in the melted butter. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat in a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Add 1/3 cup of the batter and immediately tilt the skillet so that the batter spreads out evenly.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until the batter has set on top, then flip, using a spatula. Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. Repeat, stacking the cooked pancakes, until you have used all the batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with berries and sugar, or cheese and ham.