Recipe by Pesto lover
A tasty open faced sandwich that is very easy to prepare and makes a nice presentation. You can use any kind of bread with this. From grouprecipes.com
- 12 slices white bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped dill
- 3 cups arugula, lightly packed (rocket)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings which are cut in half
- 1 lb cooked small shrimp, peeled & deveined
- fresh dill sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally to make two triangles. Toast the bread lightly.
- Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, white pepper, lemon juice and dill. Spread on toast.
- Put arugula leaves on toast.
- Arrange shrimp on top of arugula leaves.
- Top with red pepper rings and garnish with fresh dill sprig.