Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Make and share this Norwegian Noodle Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb medium noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons almond extract (to taste)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Boil noodles in salted water until just barely tender. Strain the noodles and rinse with cold water; place in bowl.
- Melt the butter and put half in a large casserole or baking dish, coating the sides and bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350° and place the empty dish in the oven.
- Add cinnamon, raisins, sugar, salt and almond extract to the noodles.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs; add milk and beat again until well blended.
- Add to the noodles with the remainder of the melted butter. Stir well.
- Pour into the heated casserole dish and bake until the top is golden brown, 1 hour or longer.
A wonderful recipe! I made it for a birthday gathering of friends recently, and everyone went back for more. I served it with "Norwegian gasoline" (coffee) and a big bowl of freshed whipped cream. Couldn't have been better. Thank you!!
Very tasty, ElaineAnn! I did have to make a little adjustment. I didn't have enough almond extract, so I added some slivered almonds in the noodle mix and threw some on top! Turned out pretty good! Thnx for posting, hon. Made for KcK's Forum Scandinavia Kitchen.