From a little Norwegian Recipes book of mine. Serve with cooked rice or potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup broth
- 1/2 cup flour or 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1Mix vigorously to blend (by hand or electric mixer) all the ingredients above.
- 2Shape into 3/4 inch meatballs with moistened hands.
- 3Pour 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Place over medium heat and add meatballs. Cook, shaking gently to turn meatballs, about 10 minutes for the meatballs. Remove as they brown.
- 4For Gjetost sauce: Remove as much oil from the pan as possible and blend in butter and flour. Remove from heat and blend in light cream. Add chicken broth, bring to boil, stirring and cooking until thickened. Mix in Gjetost cheese. Turn heat low.
- 5Blend some of the sauce into sour cream, then return sour cream to sauce. Add chopped parsley or fresh dill.
- 6Re-add meatballs and simmer until heated through.
- 7Serve with cooked rice or potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Meatballs With Gjetost Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.8
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 497.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: