Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a little Norwegian Recipes book of mine. Serve with cooked rice or potatoes.
Make and share this Norwegian Meatballs With Gjetost Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup flour or 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded gjetost cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Mix vigorously to blend (by hand or electric mixer) all the ingredients above.
- Shape into 3/4 inch meatballs with moistened hands.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Place over medium heat and add meatballs. Cook, shaking gently to turn meatballs, about 10 minutes for the meatballs. Remove as they brown.
- For Gjetost sauce: Remove as much oil from the pan as possible and blend in butter and flour. Remove from heat and blend in light cream. Add chicken broth, bring to boil, stirring and cooking until thickened. Mix in Gjetost cheese. Turn heat low.
- Blend some of the sauce into sour cream, then return sour cream to sauce. Add chopped parsley or fresh dill.
- Re-add meatballs and simmer until heated through.
- Serve with cooked rice or potatoes.