1/1 Photo of Norwegian Meatballs - Norway
Sam #3's Note:
This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix milk and 1/4 cup cornstarch until well blended.
- 2Add meat, onion, salt, nutmeg, pepper and egg.
- 3Mix until well blended.
- 5Refrigerate at least 20 minutes for easier shaping.
- 6Shape chilled meat mixture into 1in balls. In a 12in skillet, over med heat, heat oil until hot.
- 7Cook meatballs, half at a time, until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- 8Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Pour off all but 1/4 cup drippings, adding oil if necessary, to make 1/4 cup.
- 11In a med bowl, mix beef broth and remaining 1/4 cup corn starch until well blended.
- 12Pour into skillet.
- 13Over med heat, cook while stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- 14Add meatballs and reduce heat to low.
- 15Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 16Stir in sour cream and remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Meatballs - Norway
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 2054.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g