This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
Make and share this Norwegian Meatballs - Norway recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix milk and 1/4 cup cornstarch until well blended.
- Add meat, onion, salt, nutmeg, pepper and egg.
- Mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes for easier shaping.
- Shape chilled meat mixture into 1in balls. In a 12in skillet, over med heat, heat oil until hot.
- Cook meatballs, half at a time, until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1/4 cup drippings, adding oil if necessary, to make 1/4 cup.
- In a med bowl, mix beef broth and remaining 1/4 cup corn starch until well blended.
- Pour into skillet.
- Over med heat, cook while stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add meatballs and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and remove from heat.
These are good, but not my favorite meatballs. The sauce was a little too thin. And like the previous reviewer, I added all the cornstarch to the meatballs. But I added the additional amount to the sauce. My son usually loves meatball dishes, but he only gave this recipe 3 stars. I'm not sure what is missing, but I will experiment with this recipe to see if I can make it more suited to our tastes. Made for PRMR game.
These are very good meatballs. I followed the ingredients per recpe except for: I didn't have any beef broth so I used chicken broth. It wasn't the same as the beef broth but that was my fault. I also made another mistake I added all cornstarch to the milk( I didn't read the directions correctly) The flavor of the meatballs was great but I had trouble getting them to stick together. I found that there was too much liquid. Next time I would adjust the liquid. Made for Please review my recipe.