I grew up eatting lutefisk and this is my grandmas' lutefisk recipe. Most Norwegians serve their lutefisk with melted butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt water, mixed 1/4 cup salt per quart of water
- 1Place the lutefisk in a kettle, and add enough cold salt water to completely cover them(some people like to place the lutefisk in cheesecloth and tie the ends itno a bag, before placing in the kettle.).
- 2Bring gradually to a boil. (Caution: It will be done when brought to a full boil, and if boiled too long the fish will fall into pieces.).
- 3Remove from the burner, skim off any foam that appears and the let the lutefisk stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Drain well, and serve steaming hot on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Norwegian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Lutefisk
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g