Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I grew up eatting lutefisk and this is my grandmas' lutefisk recipe. Most Norwegians serve their lutefisk with melted butter.
- salt water, mixed 1/4 cup salt per quart of water
- Place the lutefisk in a kettle, and add enough cold salt water to completely cover them(some people like to place the lutefisk in cheesecloth and tie the ends itno a bag, before placing in the kettle.).
- Bring gradually to a boil. (Caution: It will be done when brought to a full boil, and if boiled too long the fish will fall into pieces.).
- Remove from the burner, skim off any foam that appears and the let the lutefisk stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain well, and serve steaming hot on warmed plates.