Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a mix between a cake and a cookie and not too sweet. The recipe came from my grandmother and everyone seems to love these... she always had them on hand when we came to visit.
- Mix together the sugar, margarine or butter, and egg.
- Add buttermilk.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to length of 12" and width of about 1/2" (resembling a pencil).
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape into figure 8's.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until just barely golden.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Brush with milk or cream while still hot.
- Store in airtight container.
love this. goes great with coffee. i added a light dusting of confectioners sugar when cool and it was amazing.