8 hrs 8 mins
These are a mix between a cake and a cookie and not too sweet. The recipe came from my grandmother and everyone seems to love these... she always had them on hand when we came to visit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the sugar, margarine or butter, and egg.
- 2Add buttermilk.
- 3Add the rest of ingredients.
- 4Cover and chill overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 6On floured surface, roll out dough to length of 12" and width of about 1/2" (resembling a pencil).
- 7On ungreased baking sheets, shape into figure 8's.
- 8Bake for 7-10 minutes or until just barely golden.
- 9Remove to wire racks.
- 10Brush with milk or cream while still hot.
- 11Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Kringlas
Serving Size: 1 (1047 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g