1/1 Photo of Norwegian Kneip Bread
I'm cookin''s Note:
This bread is great and I could not find it anywhere on the internet. I have two recipes; I will put the easiest recipe on. Please bear with me, I have not put a recipe on here before. My aunt made this every week. I could have lived on this when I was in Norway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2In a bowl heat 1 1/2 c milk and 1 1/2 c water; add margarine till melted.
- 3Heat 1/2 c milk and 1/2 c water just till slightly warm then add yeast.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry a little at a time; mix after each addition of wet ingredients.
- 5Flour table; place dough on flour and then knead for at least 10 minutes.
- 6Place dough in a large greased bowl and put in a warm place.
- 7When double in bulk, turn out on floured table and knead 5 minutes.
- 8Divide into 3.
- 9Place in greased loaf pans.
- 10Let stand in warm place till doubled.
- 11Bake 45 minutes at 400°F.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Kneip Bread
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 1103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse wheat flour