1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Another recipe from my neighbors’ cookbooks. This is a very old recipe and very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle 1 tbs flour over raisins in a bowl.
- 2Toss to coat.
- 3Sift remaining flour, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- 5Beat in sour cream and honey.
- 6Add flour mixture and minx until blended.
- 7Stir in raisins and orange rind.
- 8Pour into greased an floured 10inch angel food cake pan.
- 9Bake at 325 for 75 minutes until cake pulls away from sides and spring back when touched lightly.
- 10Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- 11Run knife around inner and outer edged of cake.
- 12Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 13Store covered at room temperature overnight or for at least 8 hours before cutting.
- 14Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve.
- 15For a decorative touch place a large doily over top of cake then sprinkle the powdered sugar over that and then remove for a lacy effect.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Honey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g