Recipe by LAURIE
Another recipe from my neighbors’ cookbooks. This is a very old recipe and very good.
Top Review by Studentchef
I thought the recipe was really good,I reduced it by half and the cooking time for it was about 50 minutes. I don't know if it was meant to be hard around the edge but that is how it turned out. That could be my mistake, though.
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1 tbs flour over raisins in a bowl.
- Toss to coat.
- Sift remaining flour, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream and honey.
- Add flour mixture and minx until blended.
- Stir in raisins and orange rind.
- Pour into greased an floured 10inch angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 325 for 75 minutes until cake pulls away from sides and spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Run knife around inner and outer edged of cake.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Store covered at room temperature overnight or for at least 8 hours before cutting.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve.
- For a decorative touch place a large doily over top of cake then sprinkle the powdered sugar over that and then remove for a lacy effect.