Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although there is a little work involved, these are my family's favorites. I would be disowned if I didn't make these every Christmas.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, yolks & whites
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (8 -16 ounce) jar fruit preserves
- 1 lb walnuts
- Combine butter, egg yolks and brown sugar with mixer.
- Add flour gradually.
- Form 1 in balls.
- Dip the ball in egg whites and then roll the ball in chopped walnuts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Create an indentation in the center of the ball and fill it with jam or preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
These cookies are great! I add 2 teaspoons of vanilla to the butter, brown sugar and egg yolks.
Your recipie has become Christmas tradition at my house the past couple years. Can't believe I forgot to review earlier! So good...yumm Thanks for sharing.
I rolled my cookies with ground pecans instead of almonds and filled them with strawberry jam, these were a big hit. Thanks for the great recipe!