Recipe by Tam454
I haven't seen any green rice recipe like this one. This dish has been traditionally served at all family holidays. I don't know for a fact that this is a Norwegian recipe, but that is what I have been by my family.
- 1 medium green pepper, rough cut
- 1 bunch green onion, rough cut
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, remove stems
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a blender, add pepper, onions, parsley, oil, eggs, salt and 1 cup milk and run on the highest setting until it is a frothy liquid. Add second cup milk to blender and blend on a lower setting until combined.
- Spray a covered casserole dish with non-stick spray, add rice, cheese and blended mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover dish and bake approximately ½ hour and gently stir. Remove lid and continue baking another ½ hour or until rice is slightly browned around the edge.