Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is another easy cake recipe that I'm sure you all will enjoy, it's very good. Add your own favorite icing and drizzle it on the warm cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place butter and flour in a mixing bowl, and mix for 5 minutes on low speed. Add eggs, one at a time, blending each egg on low speed. Sift together the sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Add extract to creamed mixture and mix for 2 minutes.
- Turn into a greased and flour 10-inch tube pan and bake at 325F for 1 hour. Invert on a cake rack to cool throughly.