Recipe by LMillerRN
Posted for Zaar World Tour II. This cake can be made in advance and frozen.
Top Review by meflemming
I have been making this wonderful cake for years. Don't be tempted to cream the butter with the sugar because you won't get that depth of flavor that you get by creaming the butter with the flour. This is the perfect cake that doesn't need any embellishments. Just eat it plain.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Mix 5 minutes at low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix additionaly 2 minutes.
- Turn into greased and floured 10 inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.