Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful Taste of Home recipe is quick, easy and surprisingly tasty. Versions of this salad are found all across the colder parts of Europe in one form or another. I prefer the sour cream version over the mayonnaise version.
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients then stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
My family enjoyed this salad. Made for ZWT9 ~ The Apron String Travelers.
I loved the flavor in this but thought that there was a bit too much sauce. I might try this with yogurt in the future for a lower calorie version
A very nice way to use cucumbers! I enjoyed the fresh dill and red onion in the salad. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013.