1 hr 5 mins
My suggestion if you need to bring a SUCCESS CAKE, or a Sunday dinner dessert. We love this one, and make it over and over again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cream sherry
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a small bowl combine dates and the 3 tablespoons of sherry.
- 2Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3In another small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, and the 1 tablespoon butter.
- 4Stir in date mixture.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a bowl beat the 1 cup granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup butter, and egg with an electric mixer till smooth.
- 7Beat in sour cream and the 1 tablespoon sherry.
- 8Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to sour cream mixture.
- 9Beat till well combined.
- 10In a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan spread half the sour cream batter.
- 11Top with half the date mixture.
- 12Top with remaining batter, then date mixture.
- 13Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or till toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 14To prevent overbrowning, cover cake with foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
- 15Cool slightly.
- 16Sherry Glaze: In a saucepan combine 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 17Cook and stir till bubbly.
- 18Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 19Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons sherry.
- 20Drizzle glaze over coffee cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Date Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g