Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DBIL was born in Norway. He will only eat Cucumber Salad that is made the Norwegian way which has with sugar added. It sort of gives it a sweet/sour flavor and is very good! I've eaten it many times at my sister's home. Posted for ZWT 2010. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 seedless European cucumber
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice the cucumber thin with a sharp knife.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and pour over cucumber slices in serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Very nice! I like with just a little more sugar, but otherwise followed directions. Yummy! More nibbles~ thanks! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.
Quite good, loved the sweet/sour, but I did add some green onions. Cucumber salad had to have nions! Thanks for posting, Carol! Made for Alphabet soup tag game.
I love making cucumber salad in the summer. It's a perfect salad a hot summer day, and this recipe is a hit. I made it exactly as directed, and the flavors were perfect! Made for the Whine & Cheese Gang in ZWT6.