Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these last Christmas and they were quite good. Recipes came from baking cookies.com
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- colored sugar sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and extracts and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and nuts and beat until just moistened.
- Cover and chill until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set.