1/6 Photos of Norwegian Cookies
Millie my neighbor used to make these for us all the time. I loved the rich buttery taste and the cherry and almond flavor. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add egg and mix well.
- 3Stir in flour and almond extract.
- 4Chill dough 1-2 hours.
- 5Make balls the size of small walnuts.
- 6Flatten balls on cookie sheet with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- 7Press a ½ of a cherry onto each cookie.
- 8Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until edges are light brown.
- 9Do not over bake.
- 10You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 33.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g