Recipe by LAURIE
Millie my neighbor used to make these for us all the time. I loved the rich buttery taste and the cherry and almond flavor. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by ihvhope
Very good. Next time I'll double the almond extract because we couldn't really taste it. I rolled them in sugar and then flattened them slightly and they came out glittery and very pretty.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 21 -24 maraschino cherries, halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour and almond extract.
- Chill dough 1-2 hours.
- Make balls the size of small walnuts.
- Flatten balls on cookie sheet with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Press a ½ of a cherry onto each cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Do not over bake.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.