Sweet and tangy. I found this on a magazine clipping in my grandma's recipe box. I know she used to freeze it, although I haven't tried that yet. The long cook time is the marinating.
- Shred cabbage and toss with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the sugar, vinegar, and seeds, simmering 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Add to the cabbage along with the remaining vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving (longer is better).
- Keeps 4-6 weeks in the refrigerator.