Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve this with coffee or tea. As per Dreamer's suggestion in her review, I have changed the amount of vanilla wafers needed. Crush enough wafers to have enough crumbs to coat your pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch bundt pan with butter; dust with cookie crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes total.
- Beat in cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Add sour cream; beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; turn out on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Made for the Goddesses of ZWT-9 & Family Picks - This recipe was made as written & the flavor is outstanding, but it was the texture that got my most immediate attention & the word VELVET came instantly to mind. The cake is a bit smaller in stature than most bundt cakes, but surprisingly I had to cook it an extra 10 min for it to test done w/a toothpick. This delicious cake will be served to family & friends at an afternoon coffee (less my taste test portion) & my bet is I'll be asked for your recipe. Thx for sharing this sure-to-be-repeated recipe w/us. Yum!
This is a very good cake. The only reason it was given 4 stars instead of 5 is the 10 vanilla wafers. I had a ton of crushed wafers left over. I think 2 or 3 would have been sufficient. Maybe the wafers in Norway are different than the ones here? Made for ZWT9 Soup A Stars.