Recipe by Outta Here
Serve this with coffee or tea. As per Dreamer's suggestion in her review, I have changed the amount of vanilla wafers needed. Crush enough wafers to have enough crumbs to coat your pan.
Top Review by karekorn78
I haven't made it yet, but I am going to try cardamom essential oil in mine!!! It keeps forever, unlike the cardamom spice that has an expiration. So excited, thanks for the recipe!!
- 3 -10 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch bundt pan with butter; dust with cookie crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes total.
- Beat in cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Add sour cream; beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; turn out on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.