1/1 Photo of Norwegian Cake Doughnuts (Hjortebakkels)
Hjortebakkels are smaller and richer than American cake doughnuts. Not included in prep time is letting the dough rest overnight. Posting for ZWT6 (Scandinavia/Norway)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs until lemon colored.
- 2Add sugar, flour, butter, whipping cream, baking powder, baking soda, lemon juice and zest and Cognac.
- 3Mix until stiff dough forms. Let dough stand overnight.
- 4Form into roll as big around as your finger.
- 5Cut into 3 inch lengths and form circles by over lapping ends.
- 6Or roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut with lightly floured doughnut cutter.
- 7Deep-fry at 350 degrees, turning frequently until puffed and brown.
- 8Sprinkle with sugar and cardamom to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Cake Doughnuts (Hjortebakkels)
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 172.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g