1/6 Photos of Norwegian Butter Cookies
This recipe goes back over 20 years, using the highest quality butter will make a huge taste difference to these cookies, I like to add in a pinch of cinnamon, coating in the confectioners sugar is only optional --- these cookies may also be made using a cookie press fitted with a star, stick a small maraschino cherry into the middle of the cookie before baking if desired
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a medium bowl sift together flour with baking powder and salt.
- 4In another bowl beat butter with 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and almond extract until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 5Add in egg and beat until combined.
- 6Add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- 7Form the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 8Place the balls about 3-inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- 9Using back of a fork flatten to about 1/2 to 1/2-inch thick making criss-cross patterns.
- 10Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 11Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 12When the cookies are cooled coat lightly in confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.6
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.6 mg
- Sodium 771.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g