Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Lund's H.E.L.P cookbook, this is a light style of meat patty with an interesting gravy that goes great on the entree and on a side of mashed potatoes. Simple fare that the kids like.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, parsley and nutmeg. Add 1/4 cup of milk and mix well.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring spoon as a guide form into six patties. Be sure patties are well flattened.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and place burgers in pan.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side, until done through. (Pan will get little brown bits in bottom.).
- Transfer cooked patties to serving platter and keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine soup and remaining milk. Stir pan bits into sauce. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Spoon over patties, or just return patties to pan, coating both sides with sauce.