Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Make and share this Norwegian Birds recipe from Food.com.
- Place thin slice of onion and 2 to 3 slices of carrots on each slice of meat.
- Dust with salt, pepper and flour mixture.
- Roll and fasten with toothpicks or thread.
- Brown on all sides in melted butter. When all pieces are brown, cover with water.
- Add a few bay leaves and 1/4 teaspoon allspice.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Make a paste of flour and water; pour over meat and simmer about 45 minutes more for flavorful gravy.
- Watch carefully after 30 minutes to be sure gravy doesn't cook away.