Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Such an interesting ingredient list - hard boiled egg yolks? Sounds like a lovely, old-fashioned butter cookie. I would probably decorate with colored sugar and maybe a piece of glace fruit or cherry at the top. Recipe didn't state the yield, so the yield is my guess. PREP TIME DOESN'T INCLUDE 2 HOUR REFRIGERATION TIME.
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 egg yolks, raw
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- egg white, lightly beaten
- granulated sugar, for dipping
- Mash the hard-boiled yolks well, then add the raw egg yolks, mixing well.
- Blend in the sugar, butter and flour to make a stiff dough. Cover dough and refrigerate for several hours.
- Lightly grease the cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Take small pieces of dough and roll them into ropes 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches long. Join the two ends and press together, forming a wreath shape.
- Dip the wreaths into the lightly beaten egg whites, then into granulated sugar, placing them on the cookie sheet. If using glace fruit for decoration, place it now.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.