1/3 Photos of Norwegian Bacon and Egg Cake
This is like a Norwegian omelet or fritatta. Great for any time of the day, or even for an appetizer. Add any cheeses, veggies, sausage or herbs that you would like. Found on Sons of Norway site. Posted for ZWT9
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy skillet on medium heat, fry the bacon in batches until almost crisp. Set each batch on a plate covered in paper towels to drain off the excess fat. Place on a plate in the oven to stay warm.
- 2Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- 3In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, flour, salt and pepper until just blended. Slowly add the half-and-half until ingredients are well blended and frothy.
- 4Add the egg mixture, along with any optional ingredients, to the skillet. Reduce the heat to very low and slowly cook until the egg mixture has set to a firm custard consistency. (check the bottom often to make sure it is not burning, but don't stir the mixture) It should take about 20 mins to set.
- 5Top with the bacon slices and chives or green onions. Slice into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Bacon and Egg Cake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.2
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 351.7 mg
- Sodium 977.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 20.9 g