1/3 Photos of Norwegian Apple Squares
Pesto lover's Note:
Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. From grouprecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together.
- 3Mix the flour and baking powder together. Add to butter mixture.
- 4Beat together eggs and almond extract. Mix into dough.
- 5In a greased and floured 9x13 pan, press down one half of the dough with your fingers. It will be sticky, so you might want to oil them first.
- 6Mix the apples with the allspice (or you can substitute cinnamon).
- 7Spread the apples over the dough in the pan.
- 8Drop the other half of the dough over the apples and press dough down slightly. It doesn't matter if all the apples aren't covered.
- 9Bake for about 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- 10Mix confectioner's sugar, water & vanilla to make a thin icing.
- 11Drizzle icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Apple Squares
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 209.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g