Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. From grouprecipes.com
Make and share this Norwegian Apple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Add to butter mixture.
- Beat together eggs and almond extract. Mix into dough.
- In a greased and floured 9x13 pan, press down one half of the dough with your fingers. It will be sticky, so you might want to oil them first.
- Mix the apples with the allspice (or you can substitute cinnamon).
- Spread the apples over the dough in the pan.
- Drop the other half of the dough over the apples and press dough down slightly. It doesn't matter if all the apples aren't covered.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Mix confectioner's sugar, water & vanilla to make a thin icing.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares to serve.