Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A moist sponge cake, very popular with kids and easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces butter
- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Melt butter with milk in pan over low heat
- Pour into the egg mixture
- Fold in flour and baking powder
- Pour into a greased and floured tin (approx 8x12")
- Lay sliced apples on top in rows
- Cook 400F for 20-25 mins.