Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very simple to make. Wonderful with vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Norwegian Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour into 13 x 9" inch pan.
- Drop apple slices into batter.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350F degrees.
Cake is easy and delicious. I slice the apples very thin and it seems to keep more moisture within the cake. I have found that the cake tasted better served the day after. Receive many complements.
I was quite surprised. This is very tasty. I did cut back on the nutmeg as I thought a teaspoon was too much. I grated some nutmeg in. Probably about 1/2 tsp. I will make again.
I didn't have yellow cake so I made this with a white cake mix and it turned out great.