Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 1 egg white, unbeaten
- 118.29 ml almonds, chopped
- 828.06 ml flour, sifted
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 236.59 ml sugar
- Beat together eggs and sugar and blend in melted butter.
- Gradually stir in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Roll out thin on floured board and cut into narrow finger length strips.
- Place on lightly greased and floured cookie sheets.
- Brush with unbeaten egg white and dot with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.
The taste was okay, But the preparation was horrible, I kept having to add more flour because I could not get strips I only got balls. I would suggest you never even try to make this!
This is one of the many fine cookies my Norwegian Grandma used to make for us. Tebrod 'Tea-Bread'. You use a rolling pin to roll out the whole lump of dough into a thick slab and then cut into strips with a knife. She also decorated them with colored sugar sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles. A very simple and yummy treat. She taught me how to do them when I was 5 yrs old. (with help, of course!) ;)