1/1 Photo of Norwegian Almond Bars
A bar "cookie" made with mashed potatoes. Next time you make mashed potatoes, make a little extra to prepare this dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1Preheat oven to 375F .
- 2Sift together dry ingredients for crust. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- 3Press 3/4 of this mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Reserve remaining crust mixture.
- 4Bake 10 minutes. Place pan on wire rack to cool slightly.
- 5Blend together mashed potatoes, powdered sugar, almonds, spices, water and egg white. Mix thoroughly.
- 6Gently spread mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- 7Combine remaining crust mixture and egg yolk. Press together and roll on a floured surface in a 10 x 16 inch rectangle. Cut into strips and criss-cross on the filling.
- 8Bake 20-25 minutes.
- 9Cut into bars while still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 258.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g