Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Pillsbury bake off recipe; I haven't made it yet.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml instant potato flakes
- 226.79 g almond paste
- 295.73 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cardamom
- Combine everything for the crust. Blend with a mixer until particles are fine. Press half of it in an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Combine everything for the filling, Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool; cut into bars.
Very easy to make. I used a fork for mixing step one. I thought my kitchen-aid would turn it into a ball of dough. The filling was also hand mixed, but I'll use the mixer next time for this step. Have you ever tried to hand mix almond paste into anything? I'd not recommend it. I put this into one of those doubled lined air insulated baking pans. Went on line to find out you should increase baking time by 5-10 minutes when using this type of pan. So total baking time was 40 minutes, the crust came out perfect, as did the whole bar. Only thing I'd change would be to cut down the salt, maybe by half. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013