2 hrs 25 mins
Linda Swinney's Note:
I like it for it's tangy, sweet taste. Danish tradition. In Denmark main dish on Christmas table, roast goose!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 F; Prunes must be soaked for 12 hours.
- 2Rinse the goose under cool water for 15 munutes, and then dry with paper towel.
- 3Brush the goose with lemon first with a basting brush, Pour the honey on top and let it smother over the top and sides of the goose, take the basting brush and smooth it all around the areas it didn't cover making sure the goose is completely covered.
- 4Then sprinkle the entire goose with sugar.
- 5Cut the prunes,apples, and onions into small pieces, sprinkle them with salt, and stuff all of it inside the goose.
- 6Place the goose into baking pan for 30 minutes to brown.
- 7Turn the goose over so back is facing up.
- 8Roast for one hour.
- 9Total time roast should cook is two hours, again every oven is different; Time varies.
- 10When goose is finished cooking allow the goose to sit inside oven for 15 more minutes, with the oven door open.
- 11This will lock in the flavors.
- 12Last step, remove the stuffing that was placed inside of the goose and discard it.
- 13Very fatty to digest.
- 14Goose is ready to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norway's Sweet Roast Dish
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1494.0
- Calories from Fat 838
- Total Fat 93.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 384.9 mg
- Sodium 2043.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 108.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: