Recipe by Linda Swinney
I like it for it's tangy, sweet taste. Danish tradition. In Denmark main dish on Christmas table, roast goose!
- 9 -10 lbs goose
- 1 1⁄2 cups prunes, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 medium apples, cored and peeled
- 2 tablespoons honey syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 F; Prunes must be soaked for 12 hours.
- Rinse the goose under cool water for 15 munutes, and then dry with paper towel.
- Brush the goose with lemon first with a basting brush, Pour the honey on top and let it smother over the top and sides of the goose, take the basting brush and smooth it all around the areas it didn't cover making sure the goose is completely covered.
- Then sprinkle the entire goose with sugar.
- Cut the prunes,apples, and onions into small pieces, sprinkle them with salt, and stuff all of it inside the goose.
- Place the goose into baking pan for 30 minutes to brown.
- Turn the goose over so back is facing up.
- Roast for one hour.
- Total time roast should cook is two hours, again every oven is different; Time varies.
- When goose is finished cooking allow the goose to sit inside oven for 15 more minutes, with the oven door open.
- This will lock in the flavors.
- Last step, remove the stuffing that was placed inside of the goose and discard it.
- Very fatty to digest.
- Goose is ready to serve.