Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the famous Red Cabbage Salad served at the Northwoods Inn. I found this recipe in the Los Angeles Times Newspaper in 1990 - developed by the Times Test Kitchen, in 1990. It's based on the salad from the Clearman's restaurant chain. It's super yummy!! Cooks note: The measurement for the red wine vinegar is 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. (easier to measure than 10 Tbsp.)
- 1 small head shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 10 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whip; pour over cabbage and toss. Marinate several hours or over night.
Haven't actually made this recipe yet, but if it's anything like restaurants, WOW. I'm looking forward to making it. Thanks for posting it on food.com. :O) All we need to do is, add the cheese toast you get with it. Any recipe for that??????
I have made this many times. Wonderful with a steak. I also put it on pulled pork sanwiches. Thanks for posting.
yummy! great balance of sour and sweet.