1/1 Photo of Northwoods Inn Cheese Bread Spread
The Northwoods Inn here in California has the best cheese spread. It can be made ahead and refrigerated until you crave a recipe of gooey broiled cheese bread. The restaurant shared the recipe years ago and I want to save it safely here. I've added Parmesan to the recipe because I like the nutty flavor. I've been making it for 30 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb butter or 1/2 lb margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 12 slices French bread or 12 slices sourdough bread, day old works great
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Soften butter to room temperature and mix in all ingredients except cheese. When well mixed, fold in grated cheddar cheese and optional Parmesan, if using.
- 2Spread over bread and broil until bubbly – watch carefully! Cheese does not melt completely. Mixture will turn golden brown in about a minutes or so.
- 3I make ahead and store in refrigerator for 4 weeks. I suppose you could store it longer, but it just doesn't last past snack time at my house.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Northwoods Inn Cheese Bread Spread
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 812.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g