Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
No the potatoes will not set your mouth on fire they just have a lovely touch of spicy flavor. In the ingredients I say 3 tsp of Hot Spice Blend but it must be Penzel's Northwoods Fire Spice Mixture (the computer would not accept "Northwoods Fire"). This recipe is dedicated to SusieD for introducing me to Penzel Spices and her generous nature.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons other vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons hot spice blend
- aluminum foil, for wrapping the potato
- Rub the oil all over the cut potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with the Northwoods Fire Spice Mixture.
- Wrap in foil and bake in a 400F oven for 1 hour.
Thanks to Susie, I also am the owner of Penzey's Northwood Fire Seasoning, so when I saw your recipe posted I thought I'd have to give it a go and I finally did! I had some baby potatoes to use up, so I used them instead of a baking potato. I cut them in half and placed them in an oiled baking tray, coating them well. I covered the whole thing with tin foil and baked it for about 45 minutes. This is so simple, but the spice mix really goes so well with potatoes, until now I had only ever used it for meat. Thanks for posting, Bergy!