Northwestern Spaghetti and Meatballs
- prepare the bread crumbs by placing 3 pieces of bread on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 10 minutes (or until dry).
- then remove the bread from the oven and soak in water for 2 to 3 minutes (this will affect the gluten in the bread giving it better texture and taste). Squeeze as much water out as possible.
- combine all the meatball ingredients together and knead for 3 minutes. form into meatballs, place on cookie sheet lined with foil and bake at 375 for 15 minutes (or until cooked through).
- while meatballs are cooking in oven combine sauce ingredients into a large saucepan and simmer.
- once meatballs are removed from oven place them into sauce and continue to simmer for 30 minutes (spaghetti can be made at this time).
- add meatballs and sauce to favorite spaghetti and enjoy.