Recipe by Chef Kate
A delicious recipe from that fisherman's paradise to the North. Cook time is mostly soaking time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This was my first time working on a trout recipe, & probably the first time tasting trout since I was a kid, so this was a real experience for me! I did cut the recipe in half & used 4 fillets, then followed the directions right on down (Well, I did toast the almonds!) & had a WONDERFUL dinner treat! Thanks for the great recipe! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Canada with Zaar's World Tour 4]
For the Trout
- 8 -12 trout fillets
- milk, to cover
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Sauce
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Trout:.
- Soak fillets in a mixture of milk and Tabasco sauce for several hours.
- Season flour with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Remove fillets from milk as needed and dip in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- In an electric skillet at.
- 375 degrees (or over medium heat on stovetop), fry fillets until golden brown in the butter and oil.
- Do a few at a time, and as cooked place on a warm platter or cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- These may be kept in a warm oven up to 3 hours.
- For the Sauce:.
- Melt butter and lightly brown almonds in butter.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt and.
- Mix and heat well.
- Just before serving, pour some sauce over trout and serve remaining sauce separately. Note: If the sauce is made ahead of time, add the almonds at the last minute so they will remain crunchy.