Recipe by momaphet
Whether they come from Washington or Idaho, my family enjoys potatoes in almost any form! This recipe came from one of those sample packs sent in the mail. I'm not sure what the original name was but my family loves NW Slicey Potatoes! They are especially good with meatloaf, barbecue, or any other beef dish.
Top Review by AlaskaPam
This was really good. I used a medium cheddar and I would like to try it with a sharper cheese, and maybe slices of onion too. The presentation is beautiful. Thanks for posting.
Made for ZWT 8
- 6-8 baking potatoes, peeled
- 113.39 g butter
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 236.59-354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded or 236.59-354.88 ml parmesan cheese, both are good
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line shallow baking pan with foil.
- Melt butter, stir in spices, set aside.
- Lay potato on your cutting board with a wooden spoon laying along side, parallel to the potato.
- Make 1/4" slices into the potato- the spoon will prevent you from slicing all the way through.
- Place potatoes in the pan.
- Brush or spoon the butter mixture over the potatoes, fan out the slices as best as you can to get the butter in between them.
- Bake the potatoes for one hour, basting once or twice with butter from the pan.
- Test the potatoes, cook longer if needed, they should be fork tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes and bake till the cheese is lightly browned 7- 10 minutes.